Top 10 Unusual Ways to Practice Skydiving
We’ve noticed a sick pleasure for dangerous sports in our reader’s preferences ( smiley face ), so here is something that we hope you guys will enjoy. For today we’ve gathered up 10 unusual ways to practice skydiving. It is a subjective countdown full of crazy and unbelievable actions performed by crazy and unbelievable people. Enjoy!
10. Skysurfing Sky surfing is a peculiar type of sky diving which implies that the skydiver wears a board attached to his feet. This is usually similar in size to the snowboard and during free-fall it can be easily removed in case the diver finds it uncomfortable (it can be jettisoned).
8. Tandem SkydivingTandem skydiving refers to a type of skydiving where a student skydiver is connected via a harness to a tandem instructor. The instructor guides the student through the whole jump from exit through freefall, piloting the canopy, and landing. The student needs only minimal instruction before making a tandem jump. (info via)
7. Plane to Plane Skydiving involves jumping out of an airplane, free falling, then entering in another airplane. Exciting and adventurous? Could be. Dangerous? Definitely.
5. Skydiving Without a Parachute You’ve probably heard of Travis Pastrana, a famous diver. In this video he performs a 12,500 feet sky dive without a parachute. Naturally, he is surrounded by people with appropriate equipment.
4. Skydiving in a Jetski A really interesting video of Jet-skiing on the edge Who new the skies were such a prolific water sports medium?
3. Skydiving in a Scooter Talk about unconventional routes! Riding a scooter out of a plane and skydiving in one is not exactly the most common sport in the world. Prepare to be amazed! P.S. We can’t help it if the protagonist is a South park fan : )
2. Skydiving in an Inflatable Boat This is a video shot over the Tunisian desert. A few professional divers jumped from the airplane in an inflatable boat. It is understood that they had their parachutes with them. We didn’t notice any sailing paddles, though.
1. Car Sky Diving We found this video on Youtube a while ago. Apparently it belongs to a bunch of crazy divers who considered conventional sky diving was too boring. We liked the fact that it is called “car sky diving” as this would be a world renowned sport or something. For them, practicing it is that familiar. Anyway, the video is absolutely spectacular. Have a look!