Feroe Islands :
- 18 islands connected by tunnels and a public ferry service.
- Located halfway between Iceland and Norway.
- Almost 50.000 inhabitants, with a culture and language of their own.
- Known for their unusual whale behavior.
- Officially belonging to Denmark, although fighting for independence.
- Best visiting period: late May or early June.
- Getting there is possible by airplane or boat. The airport on the island of Vágar is the only one serving the islands and is connected to major cities in Scandinavia.
- Traveling between islands can be done by ferry, sub-sea tunnels and sometimes buses.
Here is a map for a general idea of the location:
and a well made movie :